Tuesday, September 25, 2012

We are in the library - let's use it


1.       Why did you select the book you brought to class?

This book is related to the history of my country.  When I was in high school, I learned the history about this. But during that time, I didn`t make sense of it. As a result, I want to make it clearly in my mind.

2.       How many authors does it have? Some books have none: they have an editor.

It has one author.

3.       What is the title?

The title is The Opium War.

4.       Who printed the book? Re-printed? Distributed in the US?

The University of North Carolina Press printed the book. Yes

5.       Which city was it printed in, and when?

Chapel Hill. It printed in 1975.

 

 

 

In order to learn more about the history of my home country, I bought this book to class. When I studied in middle in my home country, I started to learn about the history about this. But during that time, I didn`t learn very well and make sense of the history about this. I just learned it for exams. After I graduated I hoped to know more about the history of my home country, especially this book include. As I was starting to see this book, I found this book only has one author called Peter Ward Fay and the title of this book is “The Opium War”.  It`s about an important history in China during 1840 to 1842. After I turned to the next page, I saw the University of North Carolina Press printed this book and this book was printed in Chapel Hill in 1975.         

I pick the quote “Hong Kong is nearly all steep hillside, some of it eroded and barren, some of it grass-covered, rising in places to a height of not quite two thousand feet.” (1)

 

More text goes here. Then the end…

Source, work cited reference…

(1)    Fay, Peter Ward, “The opium war 1840-1842”, The University of Chapel Hill Press, Chapel Hill 1975, page 171.

No comments:

Post a Comment